In this article we’ll review the Cut Off Tool Vs. Angle Grinder and see which one comes out on top!
It is always great to have done back-end research when you’re going to make a purchase essential to your business or even home. A close study of products is a deciding factor when you’re confused among a pool of products you see in the market. When it’s about the fabrication industry or any other, when you’re buying the most effective power tools, it’s essential to understand the fundamental differences between Cut off tool vs. Angle Grinder. Product-wise, let’s understand which is the best pick to serve your purpose.
What Is A Cut Off Tool?
These kinds of tools, i.e., cut-off tools, are suitable for neatly cutting things that need to be flushed and act as a device that can be used single-handedly, which is great for results and efficiency. You can easily reach otherwise ‘hard to reach’ places through these tools, and it’s mainly because of its compact shape and size that it works better for almost inaccessible spots and is extremely convenient to handle. With the help of these cut-off tools, achieve the perfect metal-fabrication, you’ve been looking to achieve. These tools even use lightweight motors, which reduces their chance of spoiling.
When to Use The Cut Off Tool?
- Reversible: This function allows you to safely control the direction of the spark, allowing you to use the tool in any orientation.
- Lightweight: The tool weighs only 2 lbs. , so you don’t tire and can get the job done faster.
- Versatility: With the speed regulator knob you can control the speed and easily change it for different applications.
- Brand Power: With our styling cues (dimple pattern, grey composite housing) we can easily show how this tool fits into our family.
- The 426 is to be used with our 5 pack and 50 pack of cut-off wheels. Part Numbers: 9520 (5 pack) & 9521 (50 pack).
What Is an Angle Grinder?
- Next Generation 11 Amp AC/DC 11,000 RPM motor of angle grinder provides the best power to weight/size ratio available
- Dust Ejection System provides durability by ejecting damaging dust and debris particles that enter the metal grinder
- Oversized brushes of this DEWALT angle grinder provide 2 times brush life over previous model (D28402)
- Large spiral bevel gear provides long transmission life
- One-Touch Guard allows for 360 degree rotation of the guard with a single action
When to Use Angle Grinder ?
This product will make for a great tool if sharpening and grinding are the primary functions you’re looking for in angle grinders as they can create deep enough incisions in the metal to make the design or other art pieces. To use this tool, one must use both tools, which is essential for all the metal cutting power tools we come across in the market. If you’re looking to work on masonry bricks, it will be such an excellent tool as it can make just the right cuts at the right time.
Main Differences between Cut-off tool and Angle grinder
Cut off tool vs. angle grinder! Time to understand which one is best suited for your needs and why. The primary difference that we know to distinguish between the two is the size of metal you want to grind or cut. To help you choose the option for your need, let’s look at the differences more closely
- Size of the metal and the space that you are going to exercise your tool in
- High horsepower in an angle grinder and Low horsepower in cut off tool
- Single-handed operation is cut off tool, and both hands are required for angle grinder.
- Wearing eye protection, earplugs, and gloves to optimize safety is recommended in the case of both fabrication tools.
Conclusion & Recommendation
While making a Cut off tool vs. angle grinder comparison, one must understand that both the tools have their features and capabilities and that it might not be fair to side with anyone where their functionality is concerned. For instance, if you need to make a metal incision and the space you have is limited, there’s no way you can buy an angle grinder. The point is both the tools have unique features dependent on your need.
Video of the best Cut off tool
Video of best Angle grinder
Best Cut off Tool
|1||Ingersoll Rand Model 426 3" Reversible Cut off Tool||158 Reviews||Check Amazon Price|
|2||Compact Cut Off Tool Kit,12.0V,Li-Ion||161 Reviews||Check Amazon Price|
|3||AIRCAT 6275-A 4" Composite Inside Cut-off Tool, Red||122 Reviews||Check Amazon Price|
|4||DEWALT DCG413B 20V MAX Brushless Cut Off Tool/Grinder (Tool Only)||5,855 Reviews||Check Amazon Price|
|5||Astro 208 ONYX 3-Inch Cut-Off Tool||65 Reviews||Check Amazon Price|
Best Angle Grinder