Looking for a Best Palm Router?
In A Rush? Check Out The Number 1 Pick Here:
Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional worker, you will need a palm router at one point or another. With the market full of different routers, some of you might find it hard to choose the best among them.
Thus, we have come up with some of the best palm routers you can consider.
Feature of a Best Palm Router
- Speed: usually, routers provide 8000 to 12000 RPM speed. But some of them can also offer a rate as fast as 22000 RPM.
- Soft start: must look for a router that contains a soft start, which is the latest feature in which the tool achieves maximum speed gradually.
- Router compatibility with the table: some users fit the router in the table. If you are planning the same, then you must look for a router compatible with your table.
Best Palm Router: Our Top Picks
1. Hitachi Km12vc 2.25 Horsepower Peak Hp Speed Router | Best Overall
If you are looking for a tool for efficient and smooth functioning, Hitachi can be an ideal speed router. Hitachi is a well-known name when it comes to tools. It comes with an extra-large cord, with the help of which you can quickly move the router whenever needed.
With a powerful motor, you can easily use this router irrespective of the type of material. Lastly, it contains multiple accessories, and you can use it for a variety of operations.
2. Bosch PR20EVS 5.6 Amp Cordless Router | Best In Speed
The next versatile and flexible router on our list is the Bosch PR20EVS , which contains a 7-step depth adjustment to provide accuracy and smoothness while working with it.
Although it doesn’t hold a dust cover and you will have to clean it manually. But this is a specially designed router to work single-handedly with it. Additionally, it provides safety to your fingers with the help of its finger guard. Lastly, it gives a very high speed of 16000 to 30000 RPM.
3. Dewalt 1.25 HP Variable Speed And Torque Compact Router | Compact Router
Next on our list is Dewalt, ideal for small woodworking projects or small workshops. Its 1.25 horsepower provides variable functionalities like speed control, soft start, and many more.
With its easy-to-hold handle, you can maintain the accuracy of cuts and overall speed while using this router. Additionally, it contains a dual LED, making it pretty more comfortable for you to use this router even at night.
You will also be getting n easy to apply depth setting and a heavy base to provide durability to the router.
4. Makita RT0701C 1.25 Horsepower Compact Router | Best in Multifunctionality
Next on our list is one of the best hand routers you can have. Makita has a 1.25 horsepower motor, which provides smooth and precise woodwork. Additionally, it contains the soft start technology, where the speed starts with zero and increases gradually. Also, it prevents short circuits with this functionality.
Additionally, you can use it for multiple jobs apart from plunging like making a hole in wood, trimming wood, and cutting it.
5. Bosch GKF125CEN 1.25 HP Router with Variable Speed |Best in Consistency
Lastly, we have Bosch with a high-speed motor, providing super smooth functionality and grip while using it. Again, this router offers a soft start, thus no need to worry about overload or short circuits.
Additionally, it provides various depth adjustments with which you can set the controls as per your requirement.
When can one use a palm router?
Palm routers are useful when seeking to make something artistic like furniture or cabinetry out of wood.
How much does a palm router cost on average?
Usually, palm routers are available at an affordable price from $130 to $150.
Palm routers are not just handy but provide great functionality when working with wood. However, all our picks are unique in one way or another. But the reason behind picking the Hitachi KM12VC speed router is its great power. Although it is a bit heavy comparatively, its powerful motor makes it worth purchasing this router.
- Variable speed control dial (10,000 to 30,000 RPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Smooth rack and pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings
- Slim and ergonomically designed body for increased comfort and control
- Quick release cam lock system for easy depth adjustments and base removal/installation
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
- Makita built Brushless motor delivers faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials
- The electronically controlled BL Brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Variable speed control dial (10,000 to 30,000 RPM) to match the speed to the application
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
- On/off button with separate lock button helps prevent accidental startup of the tool for user and work piece protection
- Straight edge guide designed for palm routers – mounts to Bosch GKF125CE, PR10E and PR20EVS palm routers’ PR001 and the PR101 fixed bases using the included mounting hardware
- Guides palm Router along the edge of a workpiece – for edge-forming operations that use bits without bearings or for creating slots and grooves
- Adjustable – allows adjustment up to 3-5/8 in. In from the edge of the workpiece
- Durable build – features steel construction
- Robust variable-speed palm Router construction – Made to provide precision and power with a 1.25 horsepower (max.) Motor, advanced electronics, high-performance bases & Proven ergonomics
- Powerful 1.25 HP (max), 7.0 amp motor – delivers abundant power for routing and trimming applications
- Ground-breaking fixed-base depth-adjustment system – ensures precise depth adjustment
- Rugged fixed base 360° (non-split) aluminum base housing with wide-bit capacity — Accepts bits up to 1-5/16 in. Wide
- Smooth-action plunge base – provides a spring-lock plunge control lever for easy plunge action
- Ease of use: Revolutionary new woodworking depth adjustment system for easy and precise depth adjustment
- Power: Featuring a 1.25-Hp, 7.0 amp motor for compact versatility with speeds of 16,000-35,000 RPM
- Convenience: Wide-bit capacity - fixed base accepts bits up to 1-5/16-in wide
- Consistency: Constant response circuitry - monitors and maintains speed under load for consistent performance - provides overload protection and soft start for reduced start-up torque
- Comfort: Palm-grip design with soft grip and finger support pockets - provides exceptional comfort and control