Looking for the Best Jointer Under 500?
In A Rush? Check Out The Number 1 Pick Here:
A jointer is a tool that is going to be helpful for almost all woodworkers and carpenters. Whether you are a professional or even a beginner, Jointers is the one tool that will help to get a smooth and accurate wood shape.
But with plenty of options available in the market, it will become pretty tricky for you to choose one. Thus, here we are with a list of best jointers under 500, which are not just affordable but best in terms of convenience and usage.
Features of Best Jointer Under 500
- Cutterhead Speed: Ideally, the cutter head rate varies from 10000 to 20000 RPM, which helps determine the pace and smoothness of cutting and edge jointing.
- Powerful Motor: A powerful engine will not only make the functioning of the jointer faster but smoother as well.
- Max Depth of Cut: Next functionality you can look for is the depth of cuts it provides. Ideally, it ranges from 0.55 to 1/8 inches.
Best Jointer Under 500: Our Top Picks
1. | Best Overall
If you are looking for an all-purpose jointer, then Porter-Cable is the one made for you? Whether you want to join, trim, edge, or level, this is the ideal tool you can have.
Apart from this, the best part is that it is straightforward to use, and you will feel comfortable using this tool. With a speed of 6000 to 11000 RPM, you can finish your work quickly. Additionally, you can choose the rate you want. The fascinating thing is that you will be getting it at an affordable price.
2. Shop Fox W1829 Jointer | High-Speed Jointer
Next on our list is another 6 inches benchtop jointer. Shop Fox is a grand jointer, available at an affordable, along with excellent construction. Being storage efficient, it is a compact Jointer with a dust collection fan.
That means no need to worry about joint cleaning. With a rate of 10000 RPMs, it also provides 20,000 cuts in a minute. With a 1.5 horsepower motor, you will be getting high-speed jointing, working on 110V.
3. Gino Development 01-0102 Jointer | Best in Usability
Next is Gino. It is a powerful tool, which is versatile enough to work comfortably on all types of material. Apart from this, it provides a speed of 11000 RPM with its 1010-watt, 60 Hz, and 120 V.
With this jointer, you will be getting up to 0 to 450 degrees angle along with 0.55 inches of maximum cutting depth. Because of its sharp blade, it works perfectly on wood and all metals. Lastly, whether you want edge-to-edge join, milter join, T join, or any other join, you can make it in no time.
4. Powertec BJ600 Jointer | Best in Functionalities
Another high-tech tool with a dust collection mechanism is Powertec . Thus, no need to worry about cleaning the surface. Additionally, it comes with a cast iron infeed and outfeed table that provides smooth edges.
You will feel the surface as smooth as a glass surface. Be level and chamber joints; it can tilt up to 450 degrees inward and outward. Also, it provides a 1/8-inch depth and 6.5-inch cutting width while working.
5. Cutech 40160 – CT Head Jointer | Best in Durability
Last is a Cutech , ideal for professionals along with an affordable price. You can adjust its fence at 90 to 1350 degrees—reformed spiral, with 12 two-sided inserting chambers.
With dust port, it tries to help to reduce the tear as much as possible. Additionally, you can even cast outfeed as well as infeed.
What is the usage of jointers?
In the world of carpentry, jointers can flatten the surface of the wood.
What is a planer, then?
Planer is a tool that helps to make the overall depth of a wood surface uniform.
All the jointers mentioned above are although best in terms of quality and usage. But considering Porter-Cable PC160JT Jointer as our best pick is because of its high-speed durable motor and convenience of use.
- 10 amp benchtop Jointer features a variable speed range of 6, 000 to 11, 000 RPM and cutter head speed of 12, 000 to 22, 000 cuts per minute, allowing selection correct speed for material's size and hardness. Two-knife cutter head, with jackscrew knife leveling arrangement and built-in cutter head lock, allows for easy knife replacement and adjustment. Jointer is ideal for edging, flattening, or face jointing.
- Variable speed: range of 6, 000 to 11, 000 RPM allows the user to select the right speed for the size and hardness of material
- Easy replacement and knife adjustments: two-knife cutter head with jackscrew knife leveling arrangement allows for easy replacement and adjustment of knives
- Accurate cutting: center-mounted fence gives needed support throughout the cut for accurate edge jointing
- Hard and soft surfaces: heavy duty 10 amp motor provides power for hard and soft woods
- Features a spacious 6-1/4 x 28-1/2 inch table and a two-blade 6-1/8 inch cutterhead
- 10-amp motor provides up to 20,000 cuts per minute anywhere from 0 to 1/8 of an inch in size
- Onboard depth scale makes for easy adjustments to the depth of cut
- Adjustable 20-3/4 x 4-1/2 inch fence bevels up to 45 degrees in either direction
- Includes a push stick, a push block, an adjustable 2-1/2-inch dust chute, a dust filter bag, and a two-year warranty
- Spiral cutterhead system utilizes 12 staggered HSS blades for an ultra fine finish
- Features a spacious 30-by-6-inch table
- Remove 0 to 1/8 of an inch of material with each pass
- Adjustable 19-3/4 by 4-1/4-inch fence bevels up to 45 degrees
- Includes an onboard depth-of-cut scale, two push blocks, 2-1/2 dust port, and a two-year warranty
- Heavy duty cast iron table provides a reliable and sturdy jointing surface for your workpieces
- Features a spacious 6-1/4 x 28-1/2-inch table and a 2-blade 6-1/8-inch cutterhead
- 10-amp motor generates up to 20,000 cuts per minute anywhere from 0 to 1/8 of an inch
- Adjustable 20-3/4 by 4-1/2-inch cast iron fence bevels up to 45 in. either direction
- Includes a push stick, a push block, an adjustable 2-1/2-inch dust chute, and a dust filter bag
- No More Cupped Woods. Create perfectly flat surfaces and edges quickly and hassle-free with the Wahuda Jointers. Experience smoother and accurate cuts even on tough or figured woods w/ Wahuda Tools.
- Cutting-Edge Sharpness. Our spiral cutterhead has 4-sided carbide inserts for sharper and quieter cutting precision. The standard blade size also allows for a cost-effective and simple replacement.
- Capable Steady Performance. Wahuda Jointers are powered with a 120V motor with a fixed 12,000 RPM. They are fully capable of handling edging, jointing, flattening, or tapering no matter the surface!
- Solid Built For Your Convenience. Our adjustable and expandable cast iron tables enhance stability even when working on longer, larger pieces, with a fence that tilts from 90 &135° for versatility.
- Perfect For Job Sites Or Small Shops. Depending on your needs or your shop’s size, Wahuda Tools have 6, 8, and 10-inch wood jointers that will do the job right. They’re conveniently movable, too!