In this article we’ll review the Band Saw vs. Scroll Saw and see which one comes out on top!
Choosing a saw can be a challenging task. Often you might get a wrong saw and then might land up regretting over it. The two most talked about saw options are the Band saw and the Scroll saw. Getting a view of the Band saw vs. Scroll saw can help you know the significant differences between them so that you can choose the right one from them for your use.
If you are confused about the right saw based on price and features, it can be a tricky situation altogether. But if you go through various options, you can know the elements and the pros and cons to make the right selection. Here you can go through the aces and rip-offs of the Band Saw, and the Scroll Saw individually to check out one is the best for you.
What is a Band Saw?
Band Saw is usually a large saw that offers different cuts to the timber or the materials you are cutting. This is possible because the Band Saw blade rotates on a band for appropriate cuts each time. Most importantly, band saws are versatile saw options that you can use for a diverse number of activities. If you are in the hunt for a reliable saw in performance and versatility, such saw type is the perfect one for you. This saw is mainly popular among furniture makers and similar professionals who are professionals and challenging tasks.
When to Use a Band Saw?
There are several reasons and place where and when you should use a band saw in place of other options.
- The Band saw not just offers the basic straight cuts but also offers angular cuts as it rotates. So, you can use it for versatile cut options.
- If you are looking for a powerful saw, this is the one that you can surely go for as it can cut through even strong plywoods.
- It is most commonly used for industrial purposes such as crafting and making massive furniture and other items.
Most commonly, professionals and experts make use of the Band saw.
What is a Scroll Saw?
Here come the significant points in Band saw vs. Scroll Saw. This is because a scroll saw is different from the Band saw in several aspects. It looks like a sewing machine, and the blade moves up and down while cutting through the material. Thus, when you compare both the saws in terms of the blade’s movement, you will find a vast difference. Not just in terms of the movement, you will also find the difference in terms of the blade. A band saw has a thick blade, while a scroll saw has a much thinner blade.
When to Use a Scroll Saw?
The usage of the Scroll saw is yet again a significant point in terms of a band saw vs. Scroll saw. The Scroll saw is not intended to cut through vast chunks of plywood for making furniture. It is meant for delicate cuts such as artifacts. Hence, if you are into manufacturing such creative products, this is the perfect one for you. This is mainly for small tasks such as DIY so that you can use it even for your home activities. The Scroll saw is much better in terms of safety. So, if you are a beginner or think of getting such a tool for your home, it is a great option.
Main Differences Between a Band Saw and a Scroll Saw
The points of a band saw vs. Scroll saw talks about some of the significant differences between them.
- The Band saw rotates the blade on a band so that you can have versatile cuts. While a scroll saw moves up and down, you may have to rotate the object for the cuts.
- The Band saw does heavy-duty tasks such as cutting a large board of ply that is quite strong enough. A scroll saw is mostly for the delicate cuts that are required for artistic activities.
- The band saw can be a dangerous machine as it cuts through the strong plywoods instantly. On the contrary, the scroll saw is much better in terms of safety while making the cuts.
Conclusion and Recommendation
It is not easy to compare both the saws as both have different functions and requirements. The Band saw is for heavy-duty cuttings, while the scroll saw is for creative tasks. Most notably, it would help if you decided which one is best suited for your activities. Check through the features well to get the right answer.
Best Band Saw
Best Scroll Saw