In this article we’ll review the Band Saw VS Jigsaw and see which one comes out on top!
Family of saws can be pretty confusing, especially for beginners. There are different types of saws for almost all kinds of work. You can’t really have only one multi-purpose saw for everything.
But there are majorly two saws Jigsaw and Bandsaw, that carpenters, DIY enthusiasts, and woodworkers prefer the most. So, here we have come up with a comparison between Band saw vs Jigsaw to help you choose one out of them.
What is a GRIZZLY G0555LX?
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- All ball bearing construction. Cast iron frame. Precision-ground cast iron table.
- CSA certified meeting CSA C22
- Computer balanced cast iron wheels with rubber tires.
- Upper and lower ball bearing blade guides and thrust bearings.
When getting a saw specifically for professional purposes, it is crucial to keep durability in your checklist. And GRIZZLY G0555LX is one of the most durable Band saw one can have. It has a complete iron body with an iron table, making it last longer.
Weighing around 250 pounds, although it is not portable, yet it is perfect for heavy-duty work. With a very fast slicing, its motor moves from 80 to 3100 FPM, powerful enough to easily cut metal and tree trunk. To provide more precise cuts, it has a dual-ball-bearings to give freedom to its users.
When to use GRIZZLY G0555LX?
If you are looking for a perfect Band saw for your small workshop or a hobbyist, then Grizzly G0555LX is the best Band saw you can have. With a motor of a maximum of 1 HP, it provides deep cuts ranging from 4 to 6 inches. And if you use a riser kit, it can give up to 14 to 16 inches deep cut.
It has two blades with their width being 1/8 inch and ¾ inch. You can use the blade depending on your work. You can also tilt its table up to 45 degrees to the right and 10 degrees to the left for comfortable cutting.
Pros & Cons of the GRIZZLY G0555LX
- Made up of aluminum and iron, it is a very sturdy and durable Band saw.
- To make it portable, it has computerized balanced wheels for computer-operated motion.
- It contains one horsepower 110V/220V motor in it that provides cutting speed up to 80 to 3100 FPM.
- CSA C22 standards certify it
- With an adjustable blade, it too has a magnifying window to get a better look at cuts.
- Weight around 250 pounds, it is a bit heavy Band saw not suitable for carrying it with you.
What is BLACK DECKER BDEJ600C?
- Curve Control technology which allows you to adjust the saw's orbit in 1 of 4 customized settings
- 5 Amp variable-speed motor; up to 3,000 SPM of cutting power
- Can make 45 degree bevel cuts; with adjustable shoe for stability
- New and improved Wire Guard
- Dust blower
When talking about the best value Jigsaws, BLACK DECKER BDEJ600C comes at the top. It is quite a handy Jigsaw with a plastic body that can provide cutting speed up to 3000 FPM.
It also contains a beveling show, which provides 45 degrees right and 45 degrees left cut precisely. With a single press of a button, it provides the functionality of changing the cuts quickly. Also, it is a versatile Jigsaw perfect for wood, metal, PVC, MFD, and other materials. It has a powerful 5-amp motor that can provide up to 3000 strokes a minute, saving your time for other projects.
When to use BLACK DECKER BDEJ600C?
As a hobbyist, or as a DIY enthusiast, or as a beginner, if you want a perfect Jigsaw that provides precise cuts with minimal power supply consumption, then must consider BLACK + DECKER BDEJ600C.
When you need to work for long hours, with this handy Jigsaw, it becomes quite feasible. With its thicker cast, it can absorb vibrations, having very smooth motion.
It supports various types of blade support, and changing the blade with a keyless clamp has become very easy to make it versatile. As it provides pretty precise cuts, it is perfect to be used for professional purposes as well.
Pros & Cons of BLACK DECKER BDEJ600C
- It can accept both the T and the U shank Jigsaws.
- To control the blade movement, it provides curve control adjustments as well.
- Very pocket-friendly.
- Because of the keyless clamp, it becomes pretty easy to change the blade of this Jigsaw.
- Perfect for a wide variety of materials, including metals, wood, PVC, and other materials.
- It has a powerful 5-amp motor that can provide a maximum cutting speed of 3000 strokes a minute.
- Because of its plastic body, it is not that durable.
- It has a plastic lever that can break after using it simultaneously for a long time.
Main Differences between Band Saw VS Jigsaw
To determine the best among Band saw v/s Jigsaw, there are a few factors one can consider, which includes:
– If you want precise and vibration-free cuts, then Bandsaw is perfect. While if you have rough professional work and want speed instead of precision, then Jigsaw is what you can prefer.
– Bandsaw, due to its stability, is perfect for long straight cuts, while Jigsaws, being handy, is suitable for small cuts mostly.
– The bandsaw is ideal for resawing, while Jigsaw is not perfect for resawing because of its small size.
Conclusion & Recommendation
We can’t merely declare one saw better than others as it would be an injustice to the other one. Thus, to choose the best among Band saw vs. Jigsaw, it all depends on the type of work you want to perform using that saw.
While Jigsaw, being very handy, is safe to use. If you want small cuts quickly then, Jigsaw is suitable. On the other hand, Bandsaw is mostly used for resawing and heavy-duty cutting.
Depending on your usability, you can choose best among band saw vs Jigsaw.