In this article we’ll review the Air vs. Electric Impact and see which one comes out on top!
This is the time when you need some other options, such as an impact wrench. Here is a review of Air vs. Electric Impact Wrench to know which one is better for you.
There are many times when loosening nuts and bolts in vehicles or any other items can get complicated. In such a situation, using just your muscle power can get a bit difficult. This is the time when you may require an impact wrench. But an impact wrench is available in different forms. Here is a review for both of them before you do so and is a comparison between the two.
What is Air Impact Wrench?
An air impact wrench is something where you need air compression for the wrench to work. This means you do not have to depend upon electricity or any other power for the machine to work. All you need is a powerful air compression inside the machine. So, this is the main point in Air vs. Electric Impact Wrench. These impact wrenches are quite portable to use and are also quite easily handled. The lack of cords in the air impact wrench also makes it easy to carry anywhere and work anywhere. So, many people prefer to use this rather than other options.
When to Use Air Impact Wrench?
The air impact wrench is super powerful due to its power-driven from air compression. Here are some of the specific times when you should enjoy this tool.
- When there are multiple bolts that you have to loosen
- In a garage or a repair store
- If you are working outdoors for a much longer time where there is no accessibility tor electricity
But even if these are not the case, you can also make use of the air impact wrench for your home purposes. If money is not hindered in your path, this tool can be an excellent option for your several tasks.
What is Electric Impact Wrench?
One of Air vs. Electric Impact’s significant points is the source of power, as mentioned above. While the air impact wrench is powered by air compression, the electric impact is powered by electricity, as indicated by its name. These are available in two options, and these are corded and well as a cordless electric impact wrench. One of the best features of this impact wrench is that it is highly portable, and also it comes with several triggers to make your task much more comfortable and convenient. Choosing the right option can also offer you a powerful performance each time.
When to Use Electric Impact Wrench?
An electric impact wrench is highly in use today in different areas, mostly in automotive industries. There can be several times when you may require an electric impact wrench compared to the air impact wrench.
- When you require a wrench that is portable for multiple sites
- For performing several tasks indoors
- When you have some work to do in a compressed space where the bulky air impact cannot enter
- It is also a first-rate option for beginners.
Also, if you are looking for a wrench with several triggers for use, this is the best option you can use.
- 400-Feet Pound of maximum torque to perform a wide range of heavy-duty fastening applications
- Ergonomic handle provides user superior comfort and control
- Variable speed trigger with electric brake provides user improved control
- Durable magnesium gear case and all metal transmission for extended durability
- Bare tool, batteries and charger sold separately
Significant Differences Between Air Impact Wrench and Electric Impact Wrench
Several points create differences between the air impact wrench and the electric impact wrench.
- The air impact wrench is much more potent in terms of performance compared to the electric impact wrench.
- The electric impact wrench is portable and can enter even in the smallest areas where the air impact cannot enter due to bulky design.
- Many of the electric impacts come with several triggers that are not available in an air impact wrench.
- An electric impact wrench is a perfect tool for easy to use even for beginners, while to use an air impact wrench, you need to have some expertise.
Conclusion and Recommendation
The air impact wrench and the electric impact wrench are known for their features and functions. It depends upon your requirements which one you should have for your work. If you are looking for more power, you should go for the air impact wrench. On the other hand, if you find a portable and easy to carry tool, the electric impact wrench is the perfect option for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogWOmbvHdpI
Best Air Impact Wrench
Best Electric Impact Wrench